Some days I wish I can hire someone to do all those little irritating jobs around the house. You know what I’m talking about – changing a light bulb, painting a wall or even walk around the house inspiring me.
What if I can hire a superhero for a day? But who will I hire? The possibilities are endless.
This is the list I will keep next to my phone:
- Thor – hammer-wielding Norse god. He has it all. Blonde good looks, tall, killer smile and biceps to make you faint. Not a lot will get done. I’ll be too busy getting a lifetime of inspiration from him.
- Superman – not any Superman. I want the Smallville hero. For me Superman will never be the same after Smallville. Who doesn’t want the tall, dark haired hero with the most gorgeous smile and broad shoulders?
- Iron man – surprised? Me too. He doesn’t have the bulging muscles and he’s not that tall. BUT he has a huge personality and a ton of attitude. It makes him totally irresistible. It also makes for a very entertaining day.
- Green lantern – good looking and funny. And he has alien powers. Do I have to say anything more?
- Green arrow – millionaire playboy and a deadly archer. My imagination is running wild.
Who will not be on my list:
- Batman – the gravelly voice and pensive moods are not what I’m looking for. And a batcave? Dark, damp and full of flying rodents – NEVER!
- Spiderman – he is the typical geek turned into hero. I prefer the alpha male, not a boy struggling against the world.
- Hulk – I’ll be too scared saying the wrong thing and he’ll turn green and…lots of cleaning and rebuilding to do after he leaves. How will I explain it to the neighbours?
- Wolverine – I was a bit torn in two. I don’t like the volatile animal instinct with metal claws that can rip you to shreds. Then there is Hugh Jackman. Do I have to repeat myself? Maybe I will put him on a ‘maybe’ list.
- Teenage mutant ninja turtles – maybe for entertainment at a birthday party or if I have a ton of leftover pizza, otherwise they can stay in the sewers.
Who is your ultimate superhero for the day?
(Enough senseless fun for one day.)
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomashawk/2917799327/”>Thomas Hawk</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/”>cc</a>
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdhancock/4369073183/”>JD Hancock</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/”>cc</a>